Monday, September 8, 2008

A Great Man



Dad with a couple of guys dressed to play for the girls ball team.



Dad with Lauren

Wayne Bayard Cannon
Feb. 4, 1922 to Sept. 7, 2008
Top Ten Great things about my Dad: (not necessarily in order)
10. Always Honest
9. Would listen to me complain - without complaining
8. Liked Big Band Music
7. Liked to Dance
6. Had a great garden and a huge lawn. Grandpa's house is better than the park.
5. Always said what was on his mind
4. Would always help others out, even when should have been receiving help
3. Made AWESOME dutch oven potatoes
2. Giddy up old horsey
1. I love that he gets just a mad as I do....although he did mellow out, maybe there is hope yet.

I'll miss you DAD!

2 comments:

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

Steph-
So sorry to hear about your father! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!

themechams said...

Steph, I did not know you were here in blogsphere. I am so sorry about your dad. This post is very sweet and I think I have a similar relationship with my dad. So many of the things you list as the top ten about your dear old dad, I would say about my dear old dad. My dad is in his 80s so I know that his time is probably growing short here too. Maybe when he gets to the spirit world your dad can be a missionary to him! I hope so since they have so much in common. I hope you know that you are in my prayers.
love, c