Sunday, July 19, 2009

Jam






This weekend was jammed with fun. The girls and I took a quick road trip to mom's house to meet up with Carolyn Smith and her kids in Utah. We were very excited to see them. I introduced Carolyn to small town living. We even made a little homemade apricot jam. Carolyn even picked her own apricots (now that's homemade). Saturday we met Carolyn's boys at Pirate Island in St. George. Jett was so funny when he saw Ashley. He didn't even recognize her at first! That moment alone was worth the trip. My brother's family, and Carolyn's sister-in-law also came. It was like a huge b-day party minus the b-day. Jett and Ashley were inseparable. He even won her a telescope and a diamond (that is somewhat like green plastic). I'm very grateful we could hang out with everyone.

2 comments:

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

Thanks for a great weekend! Though I look drunk making the jam. We already went through our first bottle so I gotta be making some more. Hope you have a blast on your Oregon trip!!!

Stacey said...

Wow apricot jam sounds really good. YUMMY